Big Apple Theater Festival
Big Apple Theater Festival is a new monthly event which presents a series of 10-12 minute one act plays. Each month the festival will highlight short one act plays from playwrights and cast from the New York City metropolitan area.
Tickets are $18 per session.7:00 p.m. show:
9:00 p.m. show:
Festival Program -- Saturday, June 10th, 2017:
The Producers Club Theater (Crown Theater)
358 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036
- 7:00 p.m. – "Really?" by Leonard D Goodisman
It's all fake so, the truth is he can't trust her and she can't trust him and they can't trust themselves.
- 7:15 p.m. – "Winky Guy" by Chris Widney
A dynamic, sexually charged encounter is revisited after two years.
- 7:30 p.m. – "Palak Paneer" by J. Lois Diamond
Joe, a vet who has just returned from Afghanistan, looks forward to an intimate dinner with his wife, when two older ladies enter the restaurant and drastically alter the mood in this black urban comedy.
- 7:45 p.m. – "BeeKeeper" by Jack Rushton
Bea has a little problem and turns to her friend Sherry for help.
- 8:00 p.m. – "US and EU" by Steve McMahon
A British man and American woman meet in a hotel bar on the nights of the EU Referendum and the US Election.
- 8:15 p.m. – "Drunk Driver" by Rachel Arbeit
After a bar show in New York City a woman tries to convince her friend not to drink drunk, before learning that fate may have already taken care of the issue.
- 9:00 p.m. – "In Love With The Wrong One" by C.Z. Heyward
A young woman comes face to face with who her boyfriend truly loves.
- 9:15 p.m. – "La Vie En Rose" by Charles Leipart
A runaway bride hides out in the local barroom in Oshawa, Wisconsin with a bottle of Jim Beam. Can her sophisticated New York cousin persuade her to return and tie the knot? And who wants to live in New York City, anyway?
- 9:30 p.m. – "Haunts" by Jack Horton Gilbert
A musing on relationships and the limitations of imagination.
- 9:45 p.m. – "Reunion at the Restaurant" by C.M. Brophy
Lust is more uncomfortable the second time around.
- 10:00 p.m. – "God Loves You and So Do I, Very, Very Much" by Jessica Luck
Excerpt from God Loves You and so do I, very, very much: Drinks with the Ex